Have you just bought a new home? Having an energy audit could save you some time, money, and make your home more comfortable. The staff at E3 Power are trained and qualified to give you advice on all your energy audit questions. We are located in Denver, CO and love working with this community.
What Is An Energy Audit?
This is a process where someone comes in and assesses your house. They will go all around your home and inspect all the areas that could possibly be leaking air. By doing this, you can pinpoint all the areas inside that may be causing your energy bill to be higher due to a leak.
There might be areas of your home that have cut outs for wires or pipes. All those places could be causing a rise in your energy bill. They will inform you of all those places and let you know what you need to fix.
Steps Involved In An Audit
An experienced and knowledgeable energy audit company will have a step by step process that they take to look at your home. Hiring someone who is experienced is very important, you want to have confidence in what they are telling you. Some of the steps they will take are:
- A visual inspection
- Checking all insulation
- Leakage test
- Ventilation check
- Gas lines
- Central Heating System
These are the things that will be checked and looked at during your home audit. You may be surprised at the items that might be a culprit in your home. You will then take the necessary steps to fix these areas.
Home Energy Audit
There are some things you should know and prepare yourself for when getting a home energy audit on your home. This is a pretty easy process to have done and most of the work is on us. But, there are a few things that you can have together and ready to speed up the process.
- Gather all of your utility bills from the home for the last year. Having all of this together will give us the information we need to move forward.
- Sometimes in different homes, the attic isn’t easily accessed. It may be in a closet or somewhere like that. You will just want to make sure that our technicians can get to the attic door easily.
- One thing you may not think about is that we don’t want you to start any wood-burning fires in the house at least 24 hours before your appointment. This will help us to receive a more accurate reading for your home.
- You can make a list of any areas that you already suspect to be a problem and share it with your energy professional. This process is only going to help lower your power bills.
- Being present during the audit is helpful. You can provide the professional with a number of occupants, average thermostat settings, most commonly used areas, etc.
Typically the whole process of your appointment will take place in about 2-4 hours. The smaller the house the less time it will take. But, we will get you on your way to a more energy-efficient house. Leaving you with all the information that you need about your house.
Call Us Today
The staff at e3 Power would love to hear from you. If you are needing assistance in getting a home energy audit done on your home, call us today. We are located in Denver, Colorado, and would be honored to help you on your way to a safer and more comfortable home.